Law Society Gazette Highlights Current Illness Problem…
Travlaw Statement On Illness Claims
We note that the Law Society Gazette is leading today with the news that The Solicitors Regulation Authority has contacted a number of Claims Management Companies (“CMC”s) regarding the still-increasing number of illness claims against holiday companies.
Travlaw warmly welcome this investigation. Acting as we do for so many holiday companies we know what a problem this is. The genuine claims that do exist are dwarfed by the many, many ones which are questionable. Access to justice is something we are firmly behind – but our clients also deserve that justice. Hopefully the SRA’s probe, in conjunction with the many efforts made by companies like Travlaw, plus the fine efforts of ABTA, will see a sensible end to this situation sooner rather than later.
The Travlaw Team
- Implementation of the Package Travel Directive 2015 on 1st July 2018
- Travlaw LLP becomes GTMC partner
- Farina shares view on PSD2 in BusinessTravel-IQ podcast
- Are your Self-employed staff really not entitled to paid holidays?
- Farina featured in ABTA’s “Travel Law Today”
- Fundamental Dishonesty & Illness – Another Jigsaw Piece
- Resort Staff who sleep on site…
- Bad news for employers – good news for justice!
- Labour inspectors fine the Spanish Airline, Iberia €25,000
- ITT Conference, Sorrento