Travlaw Partner with ABTA for an Employment Workshop – 17th October 2018, London
Travlaw and the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) will agree that Employment law is constantly changing. It’s vital that travel employers keep up-to-date with these changes to ensure they are compliant with new legislation and able to handle the realities of today’s workplace. Gender pay gap reporting, the Posted Workers Directive, GDPR, and #MeToo, leading to raised awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace, are just a few of the latest developments to impact travel industry employers.
Travlaw are partnering with ABTA to provide a practical workshop which will provide up-to-date and accurate advice on employment law and how you can apply legal principles at work.
Attend this event to ensure you have effective policies and processes covering data protection, holidays, working hours and pay, equality, diversity, discipline and grievance, employment tribunals and more. This workshop is designed for those who have responsibility for HR decision making within a travel organisation, including HR teams, legal teams and senior managers with operational and strategic responsibilities.
• Learn how to address employment law issues at work and applications in the travel industry
• An update on employment law including your responsibilities to homeworkers and posted workers
• New guidance on equality and diversity practices, sexual harassment and gender discrimination in the workplace
• Ensure you are processing your employee’s data correctly under the new GDPR
• Effective ways of dealing with disciplinary offences within your organisation
• Managing grievances and the protocol for what happens when a claim is reported, who should do what, and when
• A summary of the process for employment tribunals
• Moderator: Ami Naru, Head of Employment, Travlaw
• Natalie Dindar, Paralegal, Travlaw
• Luke Golding, Associate Solicitor, Travlaw
• Darren Hutton, LGBT+ Employee Resource Group Lead, RCL Cruises Ltd
• Danielle Grant, HR Manager, RCL Cruises Ltd
Benefits of attending
• Hear key employment law updates, tailored for travel industry employers
• Gain the confidence you need to handle common employment issues and disputes
• Take part in practical exercises based on real-life scenarios and benefit from travel industry case studies
• Get the latest on equality and diversity, including the impact of gender pay gap reporting and #metoo
• By attending this event you will receive a certificate which can be used towards your CPD
Who should attend?
This seminar is for travel agents, tour operators and the wider travel industry including:
• Legal teams
• HR teams or anyone with HR responsibility
• Owners, directors and line managers.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-ABTA Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events.
ALSO – A 20% discount just for being a Travlaw client! Register using this link and enter code TRAVLAW20: https://www.abta.com/events/employment-law-travel-employers-london?mc=8
See you there!
The Travlaw Team