Steve Mason and Nick Parkinson hosted a Hot Topics “Case Law Special’ on Friday 10th June. The pandemic threw up so many legal questions for the travel industry, to which the answers could only be guessed – and the issues are ongoing. Slowly but surely however the courts are now giving definitive guidance on some of these issues. Steve and Nick discussed the latest developments including cases about:-
- If and when refunds are due in situations of lockdown or quarantine.
- The effect of FCDO advice against travel, and refunds.
- How near to the departure date must consumer must wait to cancel without being premature
- Possible remedies against airlines and other suppliers who fail to refund to you.
- We also took a quick look at the changes which the Government proposes to the Package Travel Regulations.
Look out for more editions of ‘Case Law Special’ by signing up to our mailing list.
This article was originally published on: 13 June 2022