Brexit – What Are Travlaw Doing for the Travel & Leisure Industry?
There are plenty of jokes about Brexit right now. If the whole thing weren’t so serious they would be easier to laugh at!
Certainly “the end” is now, seemingly, in sight. Maybe. Either way, one of the questions we are asked a lot is “What is Travlaw doing for travel & leisure companies on Brexit?“.
Perhaps inevitably the answer isn’t that simple, despite the fact that we have been preparing for a number of years for the eventuality! The main issue is that every company is different, and their needs similarly differ as a result. That’s OK though – flexibility is our middle name! We have already advised a great number of clients, even with the ever changing landscape and frustrations as to overall lack of progress from the UK in deciding what it wants! Here are just a few of the ways we have been preparing, and helping:
- Advising on changes to Terms & Conditions and literature – including “Brexit Clauses”, where appropriate;
- Bespoke training and advice to clients on how best to prepare;
- Putting on Seminars (in May 2019 we host the International Travel Law Networks yearly conference and the focus is, yes, you guessed it…) and speaking at others – such as the ABTA Brexit Seminar in January 2019;
- Making sure clients are ready for the regulatory shifts which are seemingly incoming;
- Having a dedicated team within Travlaw who can cover all the key points – employment & labor issues, commercial points, how litigation might work following “B Day” and so on…
The Travlaw Team
This article was originally published on: 24 April 2019